There is a 5 step process to apple for a grant of representation, which is the legal document allowing payments to be made form the estate. If you are employing a solicitor they will typically do this for you:
- Obtain the probate application form (PA1) and the return of estate information form (IHT205).
- Complete the forms, referring to the accompanying notes as required.
- Return the form, and other required documents and fees, to the Probate Registry of the area where you wish to be interviewed.
- Attend the interview where you are requires to affirm that the information you have given is correct
- Receive the grant of representation, typically in a few weeks.